Pages

S.W.A.G History Site Message Board

Welcome aboard to new editors Mike Freshney & Tony Price

To access the SWAG Trip site or the Cardiff Airport Blog click the photos below
G-MYXAM53-01

If you have any information or pictures that you could contribute to the site it would be much appreciated. I can be contacted by email by clicking HERE



Tuesday, February 24, 2009

EVENTS for 24th February

On 24th February 1941 Hurricane I P3122 of 79 Sqn flew into the ground on Pembrey Firing Range.

On 24th February 1952 Meteor T.7 WG948 of 614 Sqn was extensively damaged by fire at RAF Llandow. During start-up the starter trolley was disconnected from the aircraft without first being switched off. The starter cable shorted across a metal hydraulic pipe igniting some leaking hydraulic fluid causing a fire which burned the underside of the aircraft..

1 comment:

Naivya said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Elaina

http://www.craigslistpostingtools.info